The world is swiftly changing. While air pollution reduced for a time while we all stayed home, as we
now start planning to go outside again and travel again, it is an essential consideration for skincare. Here,
we’ll look at the effects of air pollution on the skin, as well as the ways to tackle it!
How Does Pollution Impact Skin Health?
The outcomes of air pollution are prolonged and critical, and primary repercussions dermatologists have
found are - Irregular skin pigmentation (i.e., hypopigmentation and hyperpigmentation) and premature
wrinkles. This is because of the chronic inflammation and free-radical damage from air pollutants. The
collagen fibers become fragmented and weakened, and pigment-producing cells go into overdrive,
causing dark spots. These pollutants also strip our skin of essential vitamins. Aside from leaving the skin's
surface feeling dirty, some chemicals attached to pollution particles can penetrate through the skin's layers
and cause so-called oxidative stress, weakening the skin's barrier and triggering inflammation.
How to Protect Skin from Pollution?
You can't completely protect your skin from the visible effects of pollution but what you can do is defend
your skin as much as possible from airborne pollutants and the effects they can trigger. How? Take these
1. Cleansing: Remember that wicked invisible film of air pollutants on your skin? Cleanse thoroughly every day to prevent buildup and clogged pores. Using a gentle, hydrating cleanser is essential so you don't dry out your skin.
2. Detox: Detoxing is one of the steps to remove impurities and pollutants from pores without stripping the skin. Detoxing away the day frees the surface of your skin and your pores from the day's buildup of harmful gunk. LuxaDerme Detox Face Mask helps Detox, Plump, and Firm the skin. It is formulated with Effipulp®, a patented concentrate of Avocado peptides which helps restore cellular function and stimulate the release of hyaluronic acid, leaving the face energized and healthy.
3. Hydration: Pollutants tend to dehydrate and irritate your skin, so it's essential to drink lots of water to flush out the toxins in your system. To keep your skin moisturized, use skincare products with hydrating agents to help strengthen your skin's barrier function.
4. UV Protection: Giving skin protection from pollutants is vital for skin health. Many pollution particles are small enough to penetrate and generate harmful free radicals, clog up skin pores, and cause damage that becomes visible as fine lines, dullness, patchiness, spots, acne, wrinkles, and even allergies and skin disorders. We suggest opting for an anti-pollution sunscreen that offers an
extra layer of protection against environmental pollutants, including ones of the tiniest size, like less than 2.5 micrometers.
5. Niacinamide: Niacinamide dramatically reduces the impact of environmental damage due to its ability to improve the skin's barrier, its first line of defense. This is crucial for skin health as everyday stressors like UV radiation and pollution can cause DNA damage. Niacinamide is a superbly versatile ingredient and a must have in your skincare routine. It's uniquely compatible with a host of skincare products ranging from moisturizers and serum to toners. You can include these products in your skincare routine.
If selecting multiple products is a bit of a hassle for you, try our 3 Step Tune-Up kit “Purify and Protect” which contains - A Cleanser Scrub, A Bio- Cellulose Sheet Mask and A Booster Crème. It helps you to get rid of toxins, pollutants & amp; other impurities in just 3 simple steps and get that healthy, balanced skin.
We all want to enjoy the sun, so there's no need for extreme measures like staying indoors or covering yourself with long loose clothing every day. Still, a few sensible steps for sun protection and protection from air pollution will pay significant dividends. Daily cleansing and moisturizing, plenty of water to keep you hydrated, lots of fresh fruit and vegetables; all will help keep your skin fresh and healthy from the inside and the outside. With these few precautions on your side, you can win the battle and still enjoy the sun with healthy glowing skin!