For most women, part of the morning and evening routines involve a skincare regimen of applying creams, moisturizers, tonics, lotions, and the like. Why do women put themselves through this? They do it primarily to combat the signs of aging, and to maintain youthful looks and beautiful skin! It is a safe bet, however, that most women haven't put much thought into what is in the products that they are using.
Some women probably do not realize that what they are putting on their skin may actually be undermining what they are trying to prevent to begin with. In fact the average woman puts twelve products on her skin daily, most of which contain harmful chemical preservatives.
True beauty is a reflection of true health, and true health begins deep inside each and every cell in the body. But true health and true beauty have an outer component, which is why we require protection from environmental insults such as solar radiation, pollutants in our environment and the drying effects of air. The fact is you simply cannot contain a healthy body if your skin isn't healthy. And your skin can't be healthy if you are subjecting it to toxic substances that are ultimately absorbed into your body.
So, what can women do? How can they combat environmental pollutants, the affect of solar radiation, and the drying effects of air? How can they be sure, they are using the very best products on their skin?
Here are few tips to assist you in selecting the right skin care regime and the best skin care product.
1.Be aware of what is in your skin care product. Use products that are all natural as much as possible. Avoid ones which are packed with harmful chemicals and synthetic ingredients.
2. Look for products that are non-Comedogenic or non-acnegenic. Non-Comedogenic product does not block your pores and does not cause acne formation.
Also Read: Helpful tips for healthy skin
3. Use product that is formulated for your skin type. Analyze your skin type to know whether it is dry, oily, sensitive or mixed. Opt for products that suits best to your skin and use it regularly. For example, if your skin is oily use a product for oily skin, if your skin is sensitive, make sure your creams and lotions are made for the sensitive skin.
4. Find products with antioxidants and botanical extracts. Antioxidants protect the skin from premature aging caused by the sun, pollution, and other environmental factors. They also provide advanced nutrition to the skin to keep it appearing smooth and firm.
5. If possible, use products that are paraben free. Parabens are synthetic chemical preservatives that are widely used in personal care products such as shampoos, conditioners, hair styling products, make-up, facial masks, skin lotions and creams, and deodorants. They also are typically used ingredients in baby lotions, shampoos, and other personal care products for infants and children. In addition, parabens are in many foods and pharmaceutical products. Researchers are beginning to find parabens in benign and malignant human breast tumors. While some studies have challenged their toxicity in many products and question their long term affect on humans, using products that are paraben free can eliminate the risk of exposure to this harmful chemical.
6. Have realistic goals. Do not get carried away with commercials that promise miraculous result in 7 days or 10 days. Keep patience and continue using your product for some time to feel the results.
Also Read: Basic foot care tips for year round exposure
7. Drink plenty of water. Water is the most important component for all your cells. It hydrates skin and hair as well as flushes toxins out of the body. Drinking good amount of water throughout the day help keep acne and other skin problems at bay.
8. Eat healthy. Eating a healthy diet consisting of fresh fruits and vegetables is the key to healthy skin and flawless complexion. A healthy diet provides good quantity of antioxidants, Vitamins and minerals that keep your skin healthy, smooth and refreshed. Antioxidants are also known to possess anti-aging properties thus keep appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
9. Limit stress or learn to manage it effectively. Stress is harmful both emotionally and physically. Find some stress reliever or indulge yourself in some recreational activity that works best and use it on a daily basis.
Follow the above tips to true beauty and health.
If you found this article helpful, then please share it with your friends. Also, post comments in case you have any queries.
Get skin care tips on your Facebook feed.
Become a VIP
Subscribe to our newsletter to be the first informed of our upcoming launches and special sales!