Your eyes are an important part of your body. Keeping your eyes healthy should be an important part of your daily skin care regime, as beautiful eyes can add up to the beauty of your face. It demands attention whenever you are talking to someone or even glancing in their direction. Our eyes being extremely delicate needs special care and attention.
1. Naturally as we age the skin surrounding the eyes develops fine lines and wrinkles. This is because the delicate skin around the eyes is very different to the rest of the skin on our face. It is much thinner and in fact has very few oil glands which can keep it naturally moisturized. This means its dries out faster and being thin, if not treated gently can stretch and tear, causing bags and sagging. For this reason is it important to treat the eye area gently and don’t wipe or rub the eyes harshly, instead just patting the area without pulling is recommended.
2. Puffiness around the eyes is common on waking but can remain throughout the day for a variety of reasons including tiredness, smoking, drinking alcohol, diet and even hormonal changes. Elevating head slightly at night on a higher pillow and drinking plenty of water throughout the day to cleanse out blood system helps reducing this puffiness.
Also Read: Healthful Tips for Healthy Skin
3. One cause of puffiness can be as simple as the cream we use. Eyes are naturally sensitive and will water continuously to cleanse them of impurities. When using creams around the eye area make sure you don’t apply them too closely to the eye. Use natural skin care creams without harsh chemicals and additives.
4. The cream will ‘creep about 1 centimeter by itself so just apply creams on the bone below the eye area. The cream will make its way further on the skin but not into the eyes themselves. When applying eye cream place a little of the cream onto your ring finger and gently pat the cream around the eye and dab gently to absorb, do not rub. Apply a tiny amount of cream around the eye to bring satisfactory results in fact too much cream can irritate and can increase the puffiness.
5. Eat right to protect eyes. Include fruits and vegetables which are good sources of vitamins and minerals specially Vitamin A. Have more of carrots as they are good for your eyes. Include particularly dark green leafy vegetables such as spinach, kale, or collard greens as they help keep your eyes healthy and improve your eye sight.
Also Read: Aloe Vera: A Wonder Herb for Skin
6. Use creams and other products containing ingredients like Jojoba and Avocado oils as well as Vitamins A and E, these combine to treat fine lines and wrinkles effectively and moisturize and balance the skin around the eyes.
If you found this article helpful, then please share it with your friends. Also, post comments in case you have any queries.
Get skin care tips on your Facebook feed.
Become a VIP
Subscribe to our newsletter to be the first informed of our upcoming launches and special sales!