Quick Tips for Soft & Beautiful Nails
Ever heard that our hands can actually reveal our true age? Yes… and beautiful nails add value to the beauty of our hands. Beautiful looking nails enhance our personality and often boost our confidence level. We often take care of our hands but neglect the health of our nails. Even when we visit a spa, we only think about the cuticles while doing the manicure. The texture, color and appearance of our nails show our health, personal hygiene and our sense of style. Caring for nails should be an important part of our hand care regime.
Keeping nails healthy is not a difficult task. A simple and easy to follow nail care routine is important to maintain healthy and sparkling nails.
Here are some easy to follow nail care tips:
- Always keep the nails clean. Soaking the fingers in warm water for few minutes helps take out all the accumulated dirt and germs keeping your nails clean and healthy.
- Soaking also softens the dead skin around the nails which can be easily removed. It helps getting rid of the dead skin accumulation around the nails.
Also Read: Antioxidants Skin Care Products
- Try not to use harsh chemicals on your hands and nails. Choose for creams, lotions and nail polishes that are free from harmful chemicals and synthetic ingredients.
- Always apply a base coat on our nails before applying nail polish. It prepares your nails for the actual solid color nail polish. The base coat will also protect your nails from getting discolored due to a color nail polish.
- Apply the top coat of a nail polish also known as the clear coat. It is normally used on dry nail polish for protecting and hardening the color. It will protect the color from chipping off.
- Choose a good quality nail polish remover to remove your nail polish. It can be applied even if you don't need to remove your old polish. The main function of the remover is that it will make your nails look better by removing any kind of dirt or grease.
- Avoid removing and then reapplying nail polish more than twice a week. If you remove and apply nail polish very often then it will make your nails dry. You can get a remover that has a built-in moisturizer so that you can protect your nails from drying.
- It is important to give a breathing gap to your nails in order to keep them healthy. Avoid covering your nails with nail polish 24x7. Maintain a gap between nail polishes.
- Give your hands and fingers a little massage from time to time so that the blood circulation is maintained. Good blood circulation means that there will be good nail growth.
- Eat healthy so that the color of your nails doesn’t become yellowish. As long as you maintain a healthy diet with lots of vegetables and fruits, your nails will look beautiful, healthy and will have a pink tinge to it.
Also Read: Aloe Vera - A Wonder Herb For Skin
- Stop exposing your hands and nails to harsh chemicals. Wear protecting gloves while washing dishes or clothes in order to avoid contact with chemicals in detergent.
- Keep your nails in proper shape by trimming them regularly with a sharp clipper. Avoid using blunt and dangerous tools for trimming. Avoid cutting your cuticles with sharp blades or scissors.
If you found this article helpful, then please share it with your friends. Also, post comments in case you have any queries.
Get skin care tips on your Facebook feed.
Leave a comment