The skin, being the outermost part covers and protects the body. It needs to be pampered and taken care of regularly, as it’s constantly exposed to various types of pollutants and harshness from the surroundings. These pollutants harm the skin and make it lose its youthfulness and glow.To maintain healthy skin, it needs to be kept clean and nourished.
Here are some basic tips about, keeping your skin healthy and glowing.
There are four basic skin types, normal, oily, dry and sensitive skin. You need to know your skin type before starting any skin care program.
1. Wash your face regularly and gently to remove the dirt from the skin and to keep it clean. Avoid washing your face with extremely hot or cold water as this may cause broken capillaries, on the skin.
2. Always wash your face with lukewarm water to remove the dirt and to open the clogged pores. Never forget to wash it before going to bed and in the morning. Also, make sure to always remove makeup before going to bed.
3. Use a mild cleanser suitable for your skin type for cleansing your face. The surfactants present in the cleanser remove the dirt, and the oil secreted by the sweat glands. Apply the cleanser gently over the face in the circular motion then wash your face with water.
4. Use a dry exfoliation brush in the morning to remove the dead skin cells. Exfoliating your skin is essential in order to make it bright and glowing. The purpose of exfoliating your skin is to remove the dead superficial skin cells and to make way for the new skin cells to appear. This will give you a youthful and glowing appearance. The new cells also absorb moisture readily than the dead cells. Exfoliation also improves the blood circulation. Use a soft natural bristle brush for dry exfoliation.
Also Read: Aloe Vera - A Wonder Herb For Skin
5. If your skin is oily, then exfoliate at least 4-5 times a week. Those with dry or sensitive skin can exfoliate once or twice per week.
6. In order to keep your skin soft; regularly use moisturiser. Moisturisers help to draw and seal moisture into the skin. This will rejuvenate the skin cells and make the skin feel soft and glowing. Avoid overdoing it as it can also result in clogging of the pores. You should always select a moisturizer, which suits your skin type. Moisturisers also help to protect your skin from sun damage. Moisturisers with sunscreen are readily available which can be used in the daytime to protect your skin from the harsh UV light.
7. While applying moisturiser, massage your skin in slow circular motion in order to rejuvenate it. This will help to improve the circulation and will also help prevent the formation of wrinkles.
8. In order to have a healthy glowing skin, you also need to improve your digestion. Drink plenty of water and eat a balanced healthy food. Avoid oily and junk foodstuffs. In this way, you can prevent constipation and other digestive problems which are the main cause for skin ailments like acne, pimples etc.
Also Read: The Secret Of Youth
If you found this article helpful, then please share it with your friends. Also, post comments in case you have any queries.
Get skin care tips on your Facebook feed.